frequently asked questions
Q. What equipment do you use?
I shoot all images digitally with professional Nikon equipment. I bring backup gear, lots of lenses, batteries and flashes.
Q. Will you be shooting our wedding or are you sending another photographer?
I shoot all weddings myself, along with a second shooter, who is extremely experienced and talented at wedding photography. I do not use students or interns as second shooters, but full time photographers whose styles are similar to my own.
Q. Will there be any posed photographs?
Yes, these are important for family historical purposes. The important group photos for most weddings are:
- bride and groom with each set of parents
- bride and groom with bride's immediate family (including any siblings and grandparents)
- bride and groom with groom's immediate family (including any siblings and grandparents)
- bride and groom with the bridal party (usually a few different configurations)
The above can usually be done in about 30 minutes. We would be glad to do additional posed photos, but please allow 3-4 minutes per grouping. Also keep in mind that the more posed photographs you request, the less time we have to capture candid moments. We strongly recommend that you limit your list of posed photographs to no more than 12 configurations. Please make everyone aware of the scheduled time for group photos and send a list of any additional groups and/or configurations you would like photographed. If you decide to shoot more than our list of group shots, we recommend that you appoint someone to help gather everyone for the group photos.
Q. Can we give you a shot list of photographs we want you to take?
A suggestion of a few images that may be unique to you can be helpful, but a "checklist" is counterproductive to the way we work. "Shot lists" provided by bridal magazines and/or blogs are a good idea for you as a client, but we will usually capture those images without prompting.
Q. How will I receive the images from my wedding?
All of our packages and portrait/engagement sessions include high-resolution, non-watermarked digital files delivered via digital download. The images you receive are a mix of color, black and white and sepia and are ready for print.
Q. If I have all the digital files already, why should we use you for our prints?
There are a few very important reasons:
- Calibration - Our computers are calibrated with the professional lab that we use for prints. The way that we artistically post-produce your images is exactly how your print will look. If you print at your local pharmacy or online print shop, the prints will often look too yellow, too red, too dark, etc.
- Archival printing - All of our prints are on archival paper. If you take care of them, they can last 80-100 years.
- Consistency - The lab that we use deals only with professional photographers and is considered by most to be the best print lab in the country. We use them because the consistency of their prints is second to none!
- Fulfillment of artistic vision - You've invested in your wedding photography and prints are the tangible product. We are the only ones who will take the time both technically and emotionally to make sure that what you receive is the completion of the artistic process from start to finish - from shooting to post-production to printing.
Q. What type of albums do you offer?
We offer beautiful, custom-made flush-mount and matted albums.
Q. Do we need to feed you at the reception?
Yes, please. It doesn't have to be the same as your sit-down meal, but we would truly appreciate a "hot meal". Feeding us ensures we will stay happy and continue shooting to our full abilities. We also prefer to be fed when you are fed, not afterwards, because when you are eating you are not at your most photogenic and when you are done, we want to be able to continue shooting your wedding.
Q. Is there a travel fee?
For locations that are 60 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA (19107), there is a modest travel fee that is calculated on an individual basis.
Q. Do you shoot destination weddings?
Yes!!! We love to travel and will go anywhere in the world for photography. Since every destination wedding is a completely unique experience, please contact us with your details so that we can put a package together for you.
Q. How do we book you for our wedding?
In order to reserve the date, a $1500 retainer and a signed contract is required to secure the date. Dates are held on a first come, first served basis.
If you can think of any questions we did not cover, please drop me a line.